The Albuquerque Teachers Federation invites you to participate in the 2017-18 Union Leadership Program. The ATF Leadership Program is intended to support the development of union leaders to also serve as leaders in their school sites and in the district.
Members who participate in the ATF Leadership Program will have opportunities to serve on union committees and joint ATF/APS Task Forces. It is our hope that participants will some day run for union office. The union activists selected will join a nationwide network of union leaders. We are seeking ATF members who would like to take an active role in influencing policy in diverse areas.
ATF members selected for the program will:
• Increase knowledge of major challenges facing the teaching profession through readings and discussions with leading policy experts.
• Improve leadership skills.
• Represent educators nationwide as spokespersons and become members of a nationwide community.
• Participate in conducting research and using it to influence policy.
• Be awarded a $1500 stipend.
We are seeking a diverse group of ATF leaders who are active in their school communities.
Want to apply? Visit www.atfunion.org and look under “Issues and Advocacy” to access the downloadable application. For more information, call Ellen at 262-2657.
Applications due no later than May 19, 2017.