ATF GPS (Great Practical Strategies)
The Albuquerque Teachers Federation offers teacher-created professional development created to ensure that teachers, collectively and collaboratively, have ownership of the methods and materials appropriate for teaching with depth and for student engagement.
Classes are designed to provide:
- support to teachers so they will be able to collectively and collaboratively use appropriate methods and materials for teaching the Common Core;
- resources for creating in-depth lessons centered around the new standards;
- strategies that enhance student engagement.
When it comes to professional development, teachers know what teachers need. The Common Core workgroup is a professional learning community that:
- explores the latest research in education;
- conducts classes focused on deep learning and technology integration;
- puts research into practice through teacher-created lessons;
- supports quality teaching for all content areas.
We strive to make your learning relevant by addressing common issues for teachers in our district. Come for one session or monthly to be part of the continuing conversation. We will focus on:
- Planning high quality lessons, authentic assessments, and teaching math and language arts using multiple resources.
- Equal access to the standards for ELL and special education students while still addressing their unique needs.
- Working with newly adopted resources, going deeper with questioning, and expanding how students show their thinking in all content areas.
All workshops meet from 4:30 to 6:30 pm at the ATF Office.
Click on the classes below to view informational flyers.
July 25-28, 2016 Lesson Planning
September 13, 2016 Differentiation Content
September 29, 2016 Differentiation Process
October 11, 2016 Differentiation Product
October 27, 2016 Formative Assessment
November 10, 2016 Summative Assessment
November 30, 2016 Performance Assessments and Rubrics
December 12, 2016 Elementary Technology Expo
December 13, 2016 Secondary Technology Expo
January 10, 2017 Listening and Note Taking
January 26, 2017 Questioning and Discussion
February 8, 2017 Speaking and Presenting
February 22, 2017- Internalize Mindset
March 8, 2017- Poverty and Trauma
March 30, 2017- Teacher to Student Feedback
April 11, 2017- Student to Student Feedback
April 26, 2017- Student to Teacher Feedback
Participants have said:
“Thank you for PD that is NOT canned & handed-down.”
“I have a greater awareness of helping students process math problems and solutions.”
“Great workshop! I am new to teaching and this really helped me.”
“Thank you facilitators & ABQ ATF!”
“Brian & Sarah were clear, easy to understand, got right to the point, and presented relevant information! Thank you!”
“Thanks so much. You guys are great and the workshop was very useful.”
“Very knowledgeable presenters.”
“Good workshop – I’m very satisfied with my time spent with you today!”
“Very well-organized session – thank you! Invaluable information – very relevant!”