The ATF and APS have agreed on changes to our Negotiated Agreement. Now it’s time for members of the ATF Bargaining Unit to vote FOR ratification. Voting begins on Monday, July 31, and concludes at 5:00pm on Wednesday, August 2nd. Here is the link to vote. Please share it with all educators in the ATF Bargaining Unit, union members and those who have not yet joined their union. If you are in the latter group, stand in solidarity with your colleagues and JOIN YOUR UNION TODAY!
It is imperative that we have a high voter turnout to show our support when the contract changes are reviewed by the APS Board at their Wednesday, August 2nd meeting. They will be voting whether or not to accept the changes.
Here’s a brief list of the changes to the contract we were able to achieve:
- Negotiated hourly pay for the four additional contract days and a 6% raise. Educators will earn an average of $5,000 more than last year. Find your new salary on the matrices here.
- Negotiated long overdue increases in coaching differentials with increases ranging from 30% to 70%!
- Increased differentials for non-released head special education teachers by $1,200 and $1,900.
- After ATF member survey responses overwhelmingly showed problems with ineffective technology that then increased your workload, the ATF negotiated Educator Technology User Group.
- In response to APS creating a bell-to-bell schedule to meet a legislative mandate increased instructional time, ATF negotiated a supervision stipend to ensure student safety before and after school.
- Negotiated compensation for educators who take students into their classrooms from another class due to substitute shortages.
- ATF once again led the way nationally in creating contract language specific to community schools and community school coordinators.
- Ensured that school discipline policies will be published, distributed yearly in the staff handbook, and regularly reviewed.
- Empowered school safety teams to establish how many students CTE and science classes can safely accommodate based on the number of workstations.
- Negotiated inclusion of BMS role group in E&RSE certifications and credentials process.
We will hold two informational meetings regarding the contract changes. You may attend in person or online. Here are links to the Google Meets:
ATF Leadership urges you to vote FOR the changes to our Negotiated Agreement.
We’d like to thank the members of the ATF’s Negotiating Team:
Dr. Ellen Bernstein, President
Sean Thomas, Executive Vice President, Eldorado HS Teacher
Angela Reynolds, Essential & Related Services Educators VP, Ed. Diagnostician
Teddi Toniolli, High School VP, Manzano HS Teacher
Sarah Hager, Middle School VP, Cleveland MS Fine Arts Teacher
Sonya Romero-Autrey, Elementary VP, Hodgin ES Teacher
Loyola Cortinas, Elementary VP, Tierra Antigua ES Teacher
Celeste Hernandez, Treasurer, Bel Air ES Teacher
Jerry Thorn, ATF Staff Representative