Vote To Ratify Your Contract!
The Albuquerque Teachers Federation (ATF) Leadership spent the past 5 months at the bargaining table with APS negotiating better working conditions for all members of our bargaining unit which includes all licensed employees.
The 2021-2022 APS/ATF Negotiated Agreement is ready for bargaining unit members to peruse and vote on its ratification. All licensed educators, whether members or potential members, may vote electronically from 9:00 am on Wednesday, August 11th through 5:00 pm on Tuesday, August 17th.
The APS Board of Education will vote on the more than 30 changes to the contract at their Wednesday, August 18th meeting. Some of the changes involve clarification of contract language. Some of the items are strong steps forward for educators.
Who in this country gets to vote on the terms of their employment? As a member of the ATF Bargaining Unit, you do! Your vote is your voice in winning better teaching and learning conditions for all APS educators and the students we serve. It is crucial that we have a high voter turnout in this election.
What are we voting for?
- After years of advocacy by your union, APS has agreed to partially paid Parental Leave of up to 30 work days! Educators will receive 40% of their gross pay while taking this leave. This will provide financial security to educators’ families while they welcome a new addition- or two in the case of twins. (Article 18)
- Community School Coordinators have joined our union (Article 1) and they have won guaranteed monthly collaboration time! (Article 5)
- All APS educators who served during the 2020-21 School Year will receive a $1,000 Supplemental Compensation for COVID-related work. (Memorandum of Understanding)
- Educators will teach online OR in person, not both unless they volunteer to do so. (Article 5)
- Essential and Related Services Educators (E & RSEs) may submit up to 10 paid credentials for additional certifications. (Article 11)
- ALL licensed experience is now accepted by APS when determining your salary step. It was formerly only 10 years. (Article 6)
- Nurses can now receive .2 differentials for performing additional duties related to vacancies. (Article 6)
- A-3 salary schedule educators (Ed. Diags, School Pychs, Transition Specialists, etc.) will work a 6.5-hour day instead of an 8-hour day. This will make their hourly pay equal to that of classroom teachers. (Article 5)
- Educators won the right to have a classroom computer that is less than 5 years old. (Article 5)
- There’s much more!
Read the draft list of agreement changes here.
Vote for the ratification of our contract here.
Be a player in the struggle for our schools to be great places to work and learn. JOIN YOUR UNION HERE!
We’d like to offer a special thank you to the ATF Negotiating Team for their tenacity and acumen.
Dr. Ellen Bernstein, ATF President
Sean Thomas, ATF Executive Vice President, Eldorado HS
Derek Villanueva, ATF Treasurer, Manzano HS
Angela Reynolds, ATF E & RSE Vice President, NE Diagnostic Center
Tanya Kuhnee, ATF High School Vice President, Eldorado HS
Sara Hager, ATF Middle School Vice President, Cleveland MS
Jason Krosinsky, outgoing ATF Middle School Vice President, McKinley MS
Loyola Cortinas, ATF Elementary Vice President, Tierra Antigua ES
Jerry Thorn, ATF Staff